The Sussex United Methodist Church was originally founded in 1858 as the Methodist Episcopal Church of Deckertown, NJ. In 1891, Deckertown was incorporated as a borough, and subsequently renamed Sussex borough in 1902.
We have served the people of this historic community now for over 160 years. Located on Bank Street, near the center of Sussex, New Jersey, the congregation is proud of a long tradition of combining devotion to God with service to people.
The Cross and Flame is a registered trademark and the use is supervised by the General Council on Finance and Administration of The United Methodist Church. Permission to use the Cross and Flame must be obtained from the General Council on Finance and Administration of The United Methodist Church: Legal Department, GCFA, PO Box 340029, Nashville, TN 37203, Phone: 615-369-2334, Fax: 866-246-2516